Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
    Mutant Bait

Base damage and loss of items

Before you think ahhh he's been raided - this is definitely not the case! Play on ES1 public server spawned to find every part of my base and furniture damaged (base maxed at 250 items) had to repair every thing with either scrap metal or lumber. When I dropped my large ruck sack and two weapons to go and collect some wood (I didn't want to get ambushed in the woods) locked up base collected some wood returned opened gate heard a crashing sound in game and found rucksack and weapons disappeared! There was no server restart just items I dropped on ground in base had disappeared (done this countless times before and no problems) is this a known bug obviously extremely annoyed in rucksack had over 120x5.56 ammo and 90x7.62 ammo plus grenades stuff I'd collected over last two months.
    Anyone aware of this happening?

I've had this happen when I'd been away for a while, I'd assume my base almost disappeared, I just figured after a certain portion of the base time passed it didn't immediately disappear, it decayed for a bit and then disappeared. I'm probably wrong on that... but I have had it happen before, yes.

I drop stuff frequently as well, or at least I used to. It always seemed inconsistent when it would disappear. I always figured there was an internal "clean server" timer and if you dropped something at the wrong time before the "clean server" timer activated, your stuff wouldn't last as long, cause sometimes it stays forever, but sometimes its gone quickly. I found that stray dropped weapons and clips would last longer than a full pack would. So it may have something to do with how many items are near each other when dropped. And things like crafting supplies always seemed to disappear before weapons or clips would, so I think there is a priority system in place as well. It's very odd.

Mutant Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by glitchmast View Post
    I've had this happen when I'd been away for a while, I'd assume my base almost disappeared, I just figured after a certain portion of the base time passed it didn't immediately disappear, it decayed for a bit and then disappeared. I'm probably wrong on that... but I have had it happen before, yes.

I drop stuff frequently as well, or at least I used to. It always seemed inconsistent when it would disappear. I always figured there was an internal "clean server" timer and if you dropped something at the wrong time before the "clean server" timer activated, your stuff wouldn't last as long, cause sometimes it stays forever, but sometimes its gone quickly. I found that stray dropped weapons and clips would last longer than a full pack would. So it may have something to do with how many items are near each other when dropped. And things like crafting supplies always seemed to disappear before weapons or clips would, so I think there is a priority system in place as well. It's very odd.
    I visit the game and my base everyday so it shouldn't decay as I always check with !base in game chat as for dropping items I'll make sure in future not to drop crafted items at the same time it's just extremely frustrating will the devs sort this out?