Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Thread: snap building

snap building

I love the base building aspect of the game but they are problematic in the sense that its so hard to get parts aligned properly and in many cases bits dont fit right leaving gaps between parts and the base just ends up looking an untidy mess. Will there be an option to switch on snap building so parts lock together exactly so everything connects properly?

I hope so, it would make base building much easier and neater.

I hope so as well. It's really annoying when your base part turns green and you think you can place it, but instead the part vanishes back into your inventory because that was not a proper location (despite the fact that it lit up green).
    I really hope that the devs are going to add an option to swap parts together and fix those false green highlights. Some times you waste 10 minutes just trying to place a single base part in the right spot! really annoying -_-

Oh ya the false green highlights are the worst!

I'd be good with snap building as long as it's optional. I enjoy the flexibility that freeform building gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I'd be good with snap building as long as it's optional. I enjoy the flexibility that freeform building gives you.
    After building for 1500+ hours I have to agree with Cold.

I've left other posts about what I would like to see so i'll keep this short, just a few things that come to mind at the moment:

1. If it goes green, it can be placed ..period.

2. when placing plot sign have a overlay showing where you'll be able to build ( height included)

3. Ability to use a tractor (even if you have to find a blade for it) or pickaxe/shovel etc to level the ground in your build area. Cant tell you how many times this ability would have helped.

4. Increase the parts we can place to at least 300. Almost every build (over 25 bases) I've used the full 250 quota then had nothing left to place candles, wolf rugs, lanterns, flood lights, gnomes etc. It really takes lots of parts to make a truly solid base (especially now that gravity is introduced) if you want to go high you had better beef up the bottom, and if you want vehicle storage it has to be a decent size so you can get out without dying. We really just need a tad more quota.

5. here is my dream..a draw bridge door similar to the gatehouse door to allow you to pull your vehicle in the base then close up to act as a wall. yeah I know ..my dream lol

Quote Originally Posted by Survivor777 View Post
    2. when placing plot sign have a overlay showing where you'll be able to build ( height included)

4. Increase the parts we can place to at least 300. Almost every build (over 25 bases) I've used the full 250 quota then had nothing left to place candles, wolf rugs, lanterns, flood lights, gnomes etc. It really takes lots of parts to make a truly solid base (especially now that gravity is introduced) if you want to go high you had better beef up the bottom, and if you want vehicle storage it has to be a decent size so you can get out without dying. We really just need a tad more quota.
    I really like these two.
    I like long walks on the beach, fluffy bunnies, and PVP.

I like the idea of a drawbridge.

Snap building option would be neat! Moreover baybe add "stability" like in rust.. So people would have to build clever and not just stack thinbgs to get the loot chest on the upper level.
    But in my opinion most importantly add an explosive or a burning ability to take down bases!! Its so boring to raid a base at this moment.. Maybe an exlosive that would be expensive to create/find. That would encorage people do build double/triple walls. You dont even need to invent the wheel - just as long as you have the explosive in your inventory you get an option to attach it on a base part. On explosion (which you will have to take distance from) the base part recieves an amount of damage. ...
    Add ladders to watchtowers and maybe a placable one.... so simple...