Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Mutant Bait

Question Massive FPS drops after patch #49 came out??

I started to get massive fps drops after patch #49 came out.. They last 1-2 seconds and comes really often.
    After the update I had no issues with fps. These drops makes the game unplayable to me.
    Any suggestion how to get rid of these drops?

What I've already tried:
    -Lowest settings
    -Deleting/modifying my user.cfg
    -Reinstalling

What's inside my pc:
    CPU i5-4460 3.20GHZ
    GPU AMD Radeon R9
    RAM 8Gb
    Windows 8.1
    !i!i!i!i!i!

Miscreator
    do you create a game.log file (must be set in the system.cfg or user.cfg) ?

Mutant Bait
    Personally I did not see any FPS drop.

It could come from delays in accessing the game files, especially if the game is installed on a mechanical hard drive disk.
    To test this theory, you could try to install the game on another disk to see if it changes things (I personally ran the game from an external USB3 1TB 7200rpm mechanical HDD without slow downs during the game, just longer loadings).

Check that your driver for your GPU is up to date.

Go in your GPU management software (I guess it is Catalyst Control Center for AMD) and tweak all the options toward performance (you can disable some improvements, switch preference from quality to performance and things like that).

If you play on a laptop, verify that you are in a maximum performance power plan, both in windows and your drivers.

I hope this helps you.

Otherwise to be sarcastic, I could say that you deserve to have a low FPS because you have an AMD GPU, but I won't.

would help if we knew your exact model of GPU. just "R9" means you could have a high-end or low-end GPU.