Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

"Tripwire" -- Offline Notification of Base Attacks

I would like to see something like a "tripwire" added to the game, which has an email or phone number associated with it. When someone attacks your base and trips the wire, you get a text or email message.

You work hard to make a base defensible, but then some dude comes along while you're offline and spends 2 hours left-clicking his mouse to crack through your walls. The whole time, you're supposedly inside the base but you don't hear this. So you logon and find hours of loot gathering work gone, and you never even had a chance to defend yourself. It's very demoralizing.
    Last edited by Dustin DeWynd; 04-07-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Wasteland Warrior Fighting Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin DeWynd View Post
    I would like to see something like a "tripwire" added to the game, which has an email or phone number associated with it. When someone attacks your base and trips the wire, you get a text or email message.

You work hard to make a base defensible, but you have to sleep sometime, so you sit down inside your base and logoff. Then, some dude decides to spend 2 hours left-clicking his mouse to crack through your walls. The whole time, you're supposedly inside the base but you don't hear this. So you logon and find hours of loot gathering work gone, and you never even had a chance to defend yourself. It's very demoralizing and even has the potential to make be lose interest.

Well if you're sleeping you're not going to get the message anyway, but yeah something like this would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Phantom View Post
    Well if you're sleeping you're not going to get the message anyway, but yeah something like this would be nice
    I would assign the following ring tone to play on my phone when a text arrives. ;-)

http://www.goatlocker.org/sound/GENQUTR.WAV
    Last edited by Dustin DeWynd; 04-19-2017 at 05:51 AM.

This is possibly the most retarded suggestion I have ever had the misfortune to read.
    Roadkill is apocalyptic dining at its finest.

I'm a believer that a well designed base or floating base will keep your loot safe. My base anyone can freely enter yet no one but base members can get to the loot. It was about an hour of trial and error and we made it so you risk falling to your death trying to break in to room with loot.

Yes it floats but I'm sure with some more work I can stack items under the floater to make it attached to the ground.

I do like the idea of trip wires that explode. Traps like snares or pits you can dig with punji sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    I do like the idea of trip wires that explode. Traps like snares or pits you can dig with punji sticks.
    Agreed, I posted some similar ideas a while back.
    Would really like to see some decent traps. The sharpened sticks are a bit meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    This is possibly the most retarded suggestion I have ever had the misfortune to read.
    Look at the bright side. All the other dumb suggestions you ever heard just got a little smarter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    I'm a believer that a well designed base or floating base will keep your loot safe. My base anyone can freely enter yet no one but base members can get to the loot. It was about an hour of trial and error and we made it so you risk falling to your death trying to break in to room with loot.

Yes it floats but I'm sure with some more work I can stack items under the floater to make it attached to the ground.
    No offense, but I think floating bases ruin the realism of the game.