Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Mutant Bait

Despawn - Needs consistency

The despawn timer is really frustrating me.

Tents - The despawn timer is supposed to reset everytim you interact with it. Doesn't work,still disappears after a week or so
    Bodies - After the switch to two reboots daily, it seems like the despawn timer on a dead body has drastically gone down. Nothing was funner then getting in a battle, getting killed and running your ass off to get back to it and try to get into the fray again. Now there is no chance to make it up north before it's gone.
    Items - You are trying to build, have to much wait and throw something on the ground to craft a few things only to turn around and it's gone. Meanwhile that pile of lumber you tossed has been in the same spot all day. I'm talking < 5 minutes before it's gone.

The biggest one on my list is the tents. Can we get the low down on how they are supposed to work and can they really work that way?

Despawn on player bodies is the absolute worst after the increase to 50 players. We have bodies despawning in 1-2 minutes when the server is very active. We can't even loot the bodies before we defuse the other hostile players and the entire pvp battle becomes pointless as far as earning loot goes.

Mutant Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitor123 View Post
    Despawn on player bodies is the absolute worst after the increase to 50 players. We have bodies despawning in 1-2 minutes when the server is very active. We can't even loot the bodies before we defuse the other hostile players and the entire pvp battle becomes pointless as far as earning loot goes.
    Totally agree. From my understanding player de-spawn is supposed to be 15 minutes to 20 bodies but even this i think is glitched. Since that big update i can be on a 4 pop server and die in Hayward and run back from rockie ripple (never timed it but i can' be more then 10 minutes to run it) and it'll be gone...

Fanatic
    There is only an upper time limit, until dead bodies despawn, not a fix time.

The Cryengine can handle only a limited number of dead bodies at the same time, if there are too many, the oldest despawn.

Despawn timer is 12 hours for anything that you interract with. Unless the server you play on restarts every 4 hours, then you need to interract with the item at least once between each restart or the next restart will wipe it.
    Roadkill is apocalyptic dining at its finest.