Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: *zombie fix*

*zombie fix*

The zombies aggravate me how your like 100ft away and they see you also make them less annoying also the gsame is amazing i understand its in pre alpha and the game is already so wounderful just change the zombies to like the walking dead zombies with like hordes on one street that wouldd be so amazing bc no other game has ever did that...
    Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb0111 View Post
    The zombies aggravate me how your like 100ft away and they see you also make them less annoying also the gsame is amazing i understand its in pre alpha and the game is already so wounderful just change the zombies to like the walking dead zombies with like hordes on one street that wouldd be so amazing bc no other game has ever did that...
    Think about it
    Hi Caleb, unsure why zombie would be agro 100 feet away I find this unlikely unless you have bee upright running or even sprinting I've slowly crouched walked past counless mutants over a variety of servers without an issue. Possibly try taking your time around the towns

The Devs have noted that they are seeking to implement a new ai system to allow more actions and movements to the mutants while hordes would be extremely satisfying to fight and I believe will be a thing in the future it's doubtful it will come in 2017 with the main items from what I have read and listened to is addin more survival based aspects to the game, crafted items etc.

Maybe just try taking your time while looting to keep those mutants off your back note they only take about 3/4 shots with a melee weapon to take down might be an option if you don't want to run and alert players to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOzzyTex View Post
    Hi Caleb, unsure why zombie would be agro 100 feet away I find this unlikely unless you have bee upright running or even sprinting I've slowly crouched walked past counless mutants over a variety of servers without an issue. Possibly try taking your time around the towns

The Devs have noted that they are seeking to implement a new ai system to allow more actions and movements to the mutants while hordes would be extremely satisfying to fight and I believe will be a thing in the future it's doubtful it will come in 2017 with the main items from what I have read and listened to is addin more survival based aspects to the game, crafted items etc.

Maybe just try taking your time while looting to keep those mutants off your back note they only take about 3/4 shots with a melee weapon to take down might be an option if you don't want to run and alert players to you.

Something similiar also happened to me. I went slowly into a house and a zombie from a far started to sprint to me. I was really quit, he couldn't get aggro by me. Well i killed him with an axe but then it started. All zombies started sprinting to me like i was shotting or something but again I was quit and crouching. After I killed 3 of them another 3 appeared and killed me. I was quit, I wasn't speaking, I wasn't running or shooting. All zombies just wanted to kill me for no reason.
    It happend in Clyde Hill in the house on the North-east corner.

It also happened to wife in Brightmoor. She was looting in a house, it was night and rainy when she heard footsteps. She thought it was another player but a zombie started running to her from across the street to the second floor of the house. When she killed him with an axe another 4 zombies appeared. The last one killed her. Again, she wasn't shooting or talking just slowly running and looting houses.

EDIT: I must note that i have no problem with sneaking around the zombies. Sometimes i just sit in the corner and they just walk around me almost like if I'm not there.
    Last edited by Elwen; 01-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Rocket Surgeon
    I guess its the alerted mutant himself who alerts other mutants. Use your axe (against nothing) when you sit in a corner watching the mutants, they will probably ignore you.

Also it may not actually be agro mutants roam to a certain distance from their spawn then do a jog back to it unless you see the agro animation and also the sound coming with it should be fine to sneak around them

Am yet to see a zombie, sounds cool. What patch were they implemented?
    Roadkill is apocalyptic dining at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Am yet to see a zombie, sounds cool. What patch were they implemented?
    They are mutants.
    But since being technically right and not technically helpful is only obnoxious..
    ????
    ????
    Last edited by dumpsterburgers; 01-25-2017 at 10:40 PM. Reason: adding question marks. Cuz fucking why??

The problem is (in most cases) their proximity trigger. You're on the 2nd floor inside a house, a mutant walks past below you and outside the house (but close to the wall) and all hell breaks loose. Happened to me countless times and there is no way that they could spot you other than being triggered because "you're" apparently to close to them.

I wish people would stop calling them zombies.
    Roadkill is apocalyptic dining at its finest.