Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Mutant Bait

Lightbulb Suggestions For Miscreated.

Hello! I just got miscreated and I love it. Just a few things i'd love to suggest.

- This game is already very well optimised but if I could run it with better settings right off the bat that would be great that way even if my computer wasn't so great I could still play it on more than low settings.

-The cars are fun but they slide on the ground like they have the traction of soap. If there was a way to mke the handling better or make the mechanics for driving a little smoother I would greatly appreciate it!

-I would like to address that the map is not very helpful. Figuring out where you are is very difficult and some elements of the map (such as bridges) do not show up making it even harder to pinpoint your location. And the words are very small so it is hard to see where each city is for beginners.

-The menu is too small but very good looking

So all in all I love this game but as it is in alpha I expect there to be some aspects that aren't quite perfect. I just thought I would address them and just let people know some of the things I would love to see happen in Miscreated's future.

Harbinger of destruction
    Hi Tyrone. Glad you are playing. You probably already know about some of the excellent things happening in the upcoming patch (already available if you plan experimental server).

Just a couple of personal thoughts on your suggestions. You know how it goes with early access, optimizations are still coming down the pipe all the time. There are some other threads from the past suggesting other setting variables. The first big thing that's happening is the switch to a new "item relevance system" that will cut down a ton of the data load on servers and clients.

I will agree that vehicle handling has a couple of quirks, but it's come a long way, and some vehicles definitely have better traction than others. I'm going to reserve further criticism on vehicle physics until after the next patch, since I already know that at least one aspect is being fine tuned; namely that power should finally better reflect the number of wheels installed.

The one that I really want to comment on is the map! Until pretty recently there was no map at all in this game except for crude player made maps. I think the in-game map is actually not bad, except I feel it's a little awkward to view. Some players have always felt that it's more realistic to just learn the map by experience, and I have appreciation for that although it gives such an advantage to experienced players. What I recommend instead of using the item slot to view a map is to bookmark this user made map http://i.imgur.com/ZpDTjbN.mp4 and link it in a chat in steam overlay. It is quite good in detail. As for bridges, anywhere you see a road crossing a river...well...bridge! Actually the one of the far left around Horseshoe Beach crosses a dam, if that matters. You will start to recognize the difference in some bridges by the number of segments also.

Good points.

I'd like to add off your menu idea. I've had this idea for quite some time. I've been trying to push it on the DayZ devs for a couple years but I don't think it's the direction they are taking.

Make the inventory an interactive table. I'd like to press the inventory button, and have my inventory be displayed in front of me on a table like surface. My backpack in one corner, where I can open it and access those contents in another window. The items in my pants, vest, and shirt also allocated on different points of the surface. Maybe an option for each item to open up a separate window, allowing to further inspect the item with descriptions to match, let me know if I can help.

Also a seperate area on the same surface for guns and ammunition, along with the option to inspect.

Wasteland Warrior
    I like the map, once you got used to it. Does its texture quality depend on our presets, though? Maybe that's why it is hard to read for some. Bridges are on the map, as far as I can tell. You can use the sunrise and water-currents (almost all rivers run south) for orientation. Also the viewing distance is pretty good, so I can often see the radio tower or the central big mountain and get my bearings. I love how at night your pals can shine a light for you to read the map

I would like one thing though. I hope you don't have to click each time to swing your axe at a tree in the future. I wanna hold that button down and keep chopping. Also I'm not sure why tents can't be placed in your base. But maybe that is a design decision, like the flashlight/gun thing. But I think nobody will really want to use a tent in the wild, except for interim storage.

It would also be nice if you could drag stuff from a dead body to the floor and not only to inventory. As for basebuilding - I really hope there will be better tools, as it is a pain in the ass to build walls on top of each other sometimes. I guess it only works right if you have a level floor at the same height to stand on. Somehow that is realistic, but it isn't much fun.

More loot in caves would be nice. Awesome caves, btw.

I've had this game for roughly two weeks now. Haven't touched Dayz (where I have over 1000hours in the SA), haven't played anything else. I like lots and lots of things about Miscreated. I actually think it feels like the Dayz mods in their best days. When people were still somewhat cooperative and played survival and not only kos. The weather is fantastic and I like how daytime determines my activities (to some extend). With a proper medical system and true benefits for resting and crafting, this will be the best survival game out there. I'm not sure it isn't already

Oh, also more suggestions: maybe a paraglider and hangglider? something you can carry instead of your backpack. It should have a few slots though (4?) when you give up your backpack for it.

I'd also like a hunting backpack with the ability to carry 1-2 more rifles and a couple of slots for equipment/meat.
    Last edited by HandsomeHank; 07-15-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Suggestions For Miscreated

So I figure now is a great time to ask if there are any suggestions for new features or changes to the site. Well use this as a central thread for everyone to post their ideas.

Please add Unique and non-unique to the search fields.

Thanks

I think its time.

When i was told that this game has been out since 2014 and is in alpha stage i was quite shocked to see in 2017 there is still no option to choose race or integrate your ideas for looks of your character other than clothing items that basically make you look like every other character in the servers.
    I think this needs to be changed as well as facial and body structured features etc.

I would like to see mods for vehicles like ram or light fittings mounted weapons etc.

helicopters and parachutes for helli-drops.

Machete your in a bush forest type setting and have not put in a Machete!?

Jet-bikes for travelling the water areas.

GPS tab to see exact location on map or a pointer to show where you are on map.

Plot building to create food supplies but refresh every harvest so need to keep collecting seeds and fertiliser.
    Higher increase in carrying weight maybe a blueprint level 1 and 2.

And lastly Traps for bases and for when exploring the map areas blueprints 1 and 2.

Love this game but kinda feel upset there is only one colour you can be does not seem fair...

Mutant Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by Sckiz1 View Post
    When i was told that this game has been out since 2014 and is in alpha stage i was quite shocked to see in 2017 there is still no option to choose race or integrate your ideas for looks of your character other than clothing items that basically make you look like every other character in the servers.
    I think this needs to be changed as well as facial and body structured features etc.

I would like to see mods for vehicles like ram or light fittings mounted weapons etc.

helicopters and parachutes for helli-drops.

Machete your in a bush forest type setting and have not put in a Machete!?

Jet-bikes for travelling the water areas.

GPS tab to see exact location on map or a pointer to show where you are on map.

Plot building to create food supplies but refresh every harvest so need to keep collecting seeds and fertiliser.
    Higher increase in carrying weight maybe a blueprint level 1 and 2.

And lastly Traps for bases and for when exploring the map areas blueprints 1 and 2.

Love this game but kinda feel upset there is only one colour you can be does not seem fair...
    Looking at your profile pic, it's quite understandable why you are upset. Don't know how long you've been playing this but only this year they made the female model available so yeah... Ultimately I'm sure they will add the ability to customize our character's racial traits, we'll just have to be a bit more patient and then we'll all be able to better relate to our characters. I think this will be a big step towards increasing immersion.

As for the Helicopters and GPS tab etc... From what I've heard the devs talking before, it's not that kind of game. Even the map is implemented like a real world item instead of a HUD map.

I also don't agree there should be traps you can place outside of your base because of all the grief that would cause (people boobitrapping high loot areas, etc...)

Scourge of the Wastes
    New traps outside your base will come in update #50

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...enshot1168.jpg

Most of those suggestions weren't things that should ever be implemented into the game. I think another melee weapon is redundant - we already have enough. No more water vehicles are needed, and helicopters / parachutes will most likely never be implemented into the game - the devs have said so. I think alittle character / vehicle customization would be cool - but attaching guns to cars is not the best idea - its hard to aim already, guns are ammo heavy and driving while shooting would be alittle unfair to pursuing vehicles. Color changes and maybe extra armor should be available to cars, but no guns.

Mutant Bait
    I like how this game grow up, but i think the primary set up to game is the survival, remember it...
    so please the major priority is fix the base building floating and do a home on trees
    Last edited by Neo993; 06-20-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Ideas for game additions

I'm not positive if this thread is active, and I'm sure that the game creators are constantly rattling their brain with ideas to benefit the game considering is early access alpha. However I'll try to assist by splurging random ideas and babble here that I think would prove beneficial towards the game.

-Additional zombie types/more difficult (i feel that the only thing dangerous about running into a zombie is if you shoot, the bullet you wasted and sound it made to nearby players. It'd be much more interesting to come across some ai that makes your heart stop with fear, and run.)

-Weapon rack (perhaps a storage container to allow you to hold 3 or so other weapons and a clip or 2 each? Rare blueprint)

-Automated defense system (This one's debatable but only buildable on your sign plot land. Perhaps some sort of turret that requires both the generator and bullets to fuel. It's currently too easy to use pipebombs, jerry cans, or 5 ton jump to enter and raid an offline base. To prevent using as a bullet storage rounds put in shouldn't be able to be retrieved unless broke or expended)

-Air drops (Also debatable considering the whole "you're the last ones alive" vibe. But it'd be a way to attract players together and engage in PvP for a valuable loot container)

-Sling (Either as a way to hold a few magazines or perhaps a single extra weapon in your inventory)

-Improvement to the weight system (i understand difficulty is the idea. But perhaps ways to increase weight to reward those lucky enough and who search hard. For example: Rare "padded boots" that have lowered defense but increase weight by some amount)

-vehicle slot differentiation (Now realistically there's no way a taxi, a bus, and a 5 ton have exactly the same amount of space. I suggest cutting regulars vehicles to 5 and buffing the larger to 10-20. Considering vehicles cam be stolen it's risk/reward if you put your items and there and it's snatched)

-Night Vision Goggles (Another debatable one as it's be a huge advantage vs. Someone without them. But again, rare, perhaps give it a durability, or maybe the lack of the ability to aim down sights when using. Only hip fire, as someone who has fired with night vision goggles it is very difficult with the lack of depth perception. Also lights blind you so that could be implemented as well)

-Openable non player made doors (Just to add depth to the game and the ability to hide in a closed room when being pursued)

-Pop-able tires (not sure if this is in but my light testing proved otherwise. Also sidenote I drove through 8 people firing rapidly at me in a taxi and either it's bullet proof or they were horrible shots because I wasn't hit once and taxi was only at 86 health)

-Player tagging (again I understand difficulty but realistically I'd look at my friend of weeks and know it's him, not an enemy. So whether it be a button you press while looking at an enemy that tags flashes as "non clan mate" for a second or cross hair color change when aiming at a team mate. It'd be very appreciated to not shoot my friend in the face when I'm in the middle of a fire fight. But I understand your reasoning)

-Ceilings (Yes we have the blueprints for advanced ramps and foundations but that's not enough. It's similar to asking for a car and giving me a steering wheel and a horn. An actual ceiling would be amazing)

-Walkie Talkie (Better than the survivotron. Just a simple means to equip everyone with one and set a frequency, then anything said will transmit say within a 50 meter area. Or if an enemy is within speech range he can overhear. Or perhaps survivotron reworking as the chat with it is horrid)

-Deer Stands

-Rabbit and Rabbit pin (they breed over time)

-unconscious and flashback rework (with 100 unconscious bar I was only knocked out until it went to 90. So roughly 8 seconds. Flashbang probably less)

-Small/medium/large cabinet blueprints (For storing bandages/foodstuffs. Obviously not many slots but ascending with size and rarity)

-Buildable ladder

-Fishing (pole with durability and game meat as bait)

-IBA body armor

- Not having unlimited sprint

-Craftable bolts

-Throwable knife/tomahawk/spear

-Agriculture

-Ability to set spawn fire mode (you spawn with it on auto or burst if it has the option)

- Better tier bases

-Ability to go prone (not only to hide, but to engage a distance with a lower stance and to silence footsteps when approaching and area you know has enemies)

-Method to tie down someone (legs wise. Why duct tape someone when they can sprint away while I try to shoot or open their inventory)

-Admin clan setting to allow demolishing privilege.

-Movement of unconscious bodies and some sort of cell (honestly cam just build a 1x1 on our own but eh it'd be nice)

-Camera or deer cam (Once again debatable but it'd be nice to have a live feed to see if someone is crouched up on my base wall or a view of the base from the hill)

-Inventory system (perhaps instead of the current one doing a grid system like a 5x5 for the duffel bag and having a tire take up a 2x2 space where it's larger than a can of soup which would take up a 1x1. Tents be a 1x2 etc...)

-More in depth traps rather than just simple trip wires. I.e. pitfalls, spikes.

-EMP of some sort to temporarily disable vehicle

-Projectable Tazer to disable a single adversary within a close/medium proximity.

-Flare shoot higher/more visible

-Higher zombie spawn (the hustle and bustle sky scrapers of Hayward should have more than 5-15 zombies in it's entirety)

-Tent sound remap. (The tents billowing In the breeze sounds exactly like footsteps for now reason. I've spent 20 minutes hunkered down clenching my ass with my pistol aimed at the door only to finally come to the conclusion it was just the wind...this time)

-Defibrillator (possibly take a secondary weapon slot. Ability to revive dead person. However to make it challenging it only revives if used in the 15 second respond window, and has limited uses on top of being hard to find)

All these ideas and recommendations were made under the understanding that the game is only currently alpha and deeply still in work. I'm not at all saying any feature of the game is bad, i love it. Only giving reccomendations and ideas. Open to all replies! Also understand that I gave alot of recommendations haha so I don't expect a 1 for 1 but opinions would be nice.

Side note: POTENTIAL SPOILERRRRRRRRRR. Love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes Easter egg in the sewers haha.
    Last edited by The Nomad; 07-04-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Additional

Hey, I know you guys probably already have plans for the parts of the map that aren't accessible yet, but i have an idea that would be cool. How about a radioactive area, only accessible with a gas mask and rad suit. Like say a nuclear power plant that went into meltdown after the war. Or a biological research facility. Heres the thing, it has radioactive mutants, stronger, bigger and harder to kill than the current ones. Even add radioactive wolves too, that add radiation when they bite you. But heres the reward. You can find radioactive bullets, that are twice as deadly as normal ones because they slowly kill you from radiation Craft dirty trap bombs/grenades using nuclear material found in the rad zone.

Cant see why not, after all the game is based on nuclear fallout from a war and as far as i can tell there isnt currently any power source such as a power station on the island, or a hospital for that matter.